The Fountain of the Tiaras…

Fontana_delle-tiare_wpCommissioned by the City of Rome to pay homage to the nearby papal residence, the Fontana delle Tiare, the emblem of the Borgo district, was built in 1927 by the sculptor / architect Pietro Lombardi Roman. Located on the wide sidewalk in the Colonnade on a sturdy base, three semi-circular shell-shaped pans collect the water that comes out of the taps. Beautiful pontifical keys surmounted by the papal tiaras 4. In the fountain are planted: the papal insignia, coats of arms of the Borgo district, the national emblem, the fasces. Even today, this work of art satisfies the thirst of the many thousands of visitors who flock to the adjacent St. Peter’s Square …



Scrivi un commento